本帖最后由 mypcl 于 2018-1-18 17:56 编辑

大数据时代,每张照片包含的很多信息,加上地理位置信息,可以做很多真值数据。
https://sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
这个链接是对图片元信息进行查看和导出的一个工具。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-1-18 17:56:01 | 显示全部楼层
Creating Metadata Spreadsheets for Digital Images

There are two main steps involved in making the spreadsheet, the first is automated and the second requires input from the photographer.

1) Grabbing the EXIF data

Digital cameras record all kinds of data and store it within each photo.  The data ranges from the size of the image, to photo conditions (F-stop exposure etc.), to a thumbnail jpeg of the photo.  Some cameras with more advanced features may even store GPS coordinates or information you enter along with each photo.

As of April 2004, a Google search indicates that Exifer, though it has not been updated since 2002, is still the best software for Windows users to grab EXIF data from digital images and put them in a text file for import into Excel.  Get your free copy at http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/ and install it.  If you like it and continue to use it, send the creator a postcard.  If you are not a Windows user, consider EXIF-O-Matic, another postcardware program available at http://www.instituteofthefuture.org/exifomatic/index.html.

I like to rename my photos to something descriptive, because I do not have a photo cataloguing program.  If you regularly do this, it should be done before proceeding with Exifer.  Tools that I employ to make renaming files easier include IRFanView (free at http://www.irfanview.com/), an image-viewing program that shows you thumbnails of the images in each folder.

When you are ready to create the spreadsheet into which you will enter your metadata, start the Exifer program.  I like to select the “Listview” option under the View menu so that my computer doesn’t waste time and memory rendering thumbnail images.  Change to the folder that your images are in by clicking on the yellow folder icon (note that if you drag your mouse pointer over the various icons across the top of the window, a little message pops up telling you what each does).  If your images are organized in more than one folder, go to the top folder and click on the “Include Subdirectories” icon.

When you select your folder, Exifer goes through and reads some basic information from each image, such as whether it has EXIF data.  Go to the Edit menu and click on “Select All” to highlight all of the images.  Now go to the EXIF/IPTC menu, point to “Export,” and choose the “CSV” option.

A small window pops up that allows you to choose exactly which EXIF data you want to export from the images.  It is a very large list, and the default is for all options to be selected, so the first thing I do is to click on the “Select None” button.  Note that the “All Fields” tab is a list of all possible fields, while “File,” “EXIF,” and “IPTC” are subsets of “All Fields.”  While which fields you choose to export are up to you, I recommend the following as a minimum:  File: Name, Date and Size EXIF: Image Width, Image Height. Suggested additional fields, if your camera records the information, include Orientation and GPS coordinates.

Now choose your Separator by clicking in the appropriate circle; I like to use commas.  At this point, you may wish to go to the bottom of the window, enter a name for your settings, and then click the “Save” button.  If you do this, Exifer will remember all the metadata fields you chose, which will come in handy the next time you do this.

To finish up, click on the “Continue” button.  A new window comes up where you can name your export file and choose the folder to which it will be saved.  Name it something descriptive, but keep the default extension (for comma-delimited filed, this is csv).  Click on the Save button, and Exifer will show a progress window as it writes the data from each image to the file.  When it is done, it will ask you if you would like to view the data; in my case it automatically opens the file in Excel. (Note: if you open the file in Excel, make sure you close it before resaving a file to the same name!)

Now you are ready to view your file in Excel.  My Excel opens csv files automatically, though it will prompt me to save any changes in xls format.  Exifer is nice enough to insert a “header row” above all the metadata, i.e. it labels each column.  You should now feel free to edit this file, creating additional columns such as the ones in this sample metadata file: http://www.cs.umb.edu/~jforman/MetadataForNaturePhotosSample.xls.  These are just recommended fields, and they were developed using mainly plant images, you are free to develop your own as long as they are clearly labeled and described.  It is possible that in the future, we may be able to automate data entry into some of the fields, such as Family when Genus and Species are filled in, or County when Town and State are filled in.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|点云技术相关产学研社区 ( 陕ICP备13001629号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 18:43 , Processed in 1.711615 second(s), 16 queries .